The SCC Photo Club Board is pleased to announce revised plans for access to the digital lab. The effective date will be June 1st, 2021. According to our local CA guidance, we cannot require proof of vaccination at our events AND mask wearing is strongly recommended, but not required.
We request your patience, compliance and cooperation as we try to return to normal operations. If you come by and the lab is at its person limit (9), you will not be allowed to enter. (We do not anticipate such an occurrence.) We are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 am-noon and the second Saturday of the month from 9 am to noon. Our limited opening is due to the lack of available volunteer monitors.
As always, this general disclaimer is in effect:
“An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting and/or using the photo lab, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Be sure to practice all safety precautions like wearing a mask and washing your hands.”
If you have a serious medical condition or are otherwise in a high-risk group, you are advised to carefully assess your status before coming to the lab.
Photo Lab Procedures Effective May 3, 2021
Members are not allowed entry if they are sick or have symptoms of illness (e.g., above average temperature, coughing, sneezing, fatigue). It is up to the member to verify they are healthy. We will be relying on everyone’s cooperation so that we may keep access to our facilities.
We will have our trained monitors in the lab space at all scheduled times. Members are expected to follow the directions of the monitor, including all of the points below. If a member violates these or fails to comply, they will not be allowed to use the lab.
- The lab is resuming full service, all 8 workstations are now available.
- For now, we will limit the number of members in the lab to 9 – the monitor and 8 others, It is very rare that that number of people are in the lab at the same time.
- There will be limited mentoring, teaching, assistance or gathering in the lab space. Please respect the personal space of others.
- Surfaces at each workstation should be wiped down with disinfectant wipes before and after each members’ use, by the member.
- Everyone using the lab will show their member ID card, and sign in and out so that we have contact tracing ability if needed. (This is a CA rule.)
- Face coverings/masks are recommended but not required to be worn at all times out of an abundance of caution. If you choose not to wear one for any personal reason, please be sure to social distance. This applies even if you are vaccinated. There are still too many people who are not vaccinated.
Self-service printing and mounting will be available. Monitors will collect payment envelopes as in the past. Please be sure to bring cash in the correct amount as there will be no change available.
We thank you for your continued patience in these difficult times. The Photo Club strives to assist all members with positive experiences and we hope to be back to full unencumbered service as soon as it is safe to do so.